4 Reasons Why Winter is Laser Season
While the colder months may not seem like the obvious time to undergo cosmetic procedures, there are several reasons why winter is the perfect season to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin through laser treatments.
What makes winter laser season?
- Less Sun Exposure – We spend less time outdoors during the winter months, when the days are shorter and the sun is less intense, meaning less exposure to the sun’s UV rays and a safer environment for recovery.
- For some treatments, it’s important that you’re not tanned. For many people, this is easier in the winter.
- Some treatments that target the outermost layers of the skin make the skin more sensitive to the harmful effects of sun exposure. For these treatments, we recommend limiting sun exposure after your treatment is complete.
- Recovery Time:
- Many treatments require a series of sessions, so starting in the winter helps ensure your treatment is complete and you’re ready to go for the warmer months.
- We tend to have fewer personal commitments and events in the winter, making it easier to accommodate downtime following treatment sessions.
- Preparing for Spring:
- Undergoing laser treatments during winter allows you to prepare your skin for the spring and summer seasons.
- Many laser procedures require multiple sessions spaced weeks apart for optimal results. By starting treatments in winter, you can achieve the desired outcome by the time warmer weather arrives, revealing radiant and rejuvenated skin just in time for your spring and summer events.
- Concealing with Layers:
- Winter clothing, with its multiple layers and scarves, provides the perfect cover while undergoing laser treatments. While some redness or swelling may be visible immediately after a procedure, it can be more easily concealed with winter apparel.
While the winter season may be synonymous with chilly temperatures and cozy sweaters, it also presents an opportune time for you to invest in your skin’s health and appearance. Doing laser treatments during winter allows you to minimize sun exposure, enhance comfort during recovery, and manage downtime. So, why not embrace the chill and take advantage of winter’s benefits for achieving radiant, rejuvenated skin? Let us help you step into spring with confidence and a renewed glow.
While many people choose to do their treatments in the winter, they can also be done in the sunnier months. Read more about laser treatments in the summer HERE.
At Bertucci MedSpa, our treatments are tailored to you and your individual needs. During your consultation, we will devise a personalized treatment plan that considers not only your skin needs, but also your social, life, and work commitments.
Learn more about the many laser and device treatments we offer at Bertucci MedSpa: